View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010   #38
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91487 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Possible 1st round draft picks for the Texans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
I'm not saying that we don't need a WR, I'm just saying to whoever made the original point about keeping Peyton off the field that we would need to improve the run game more than the passing game.

Personally for me I would rather address the defense once again with our first pick. I would love to take Price but I'm too scared of DTs in the first round given our history. My top choice would be Earl Thomas, so hopefully he is still around when we pick. It will largely depend on what teams are thinking about Mays though. I would guess that 2 of the 3 top safeties will be gone by our pick, so it depends if Mays goes before Thomas or not.
Exactly. The Texans still have plenty of holes on defense. In this league it's much easier to win consistently with a stout defense and I'd like to see the Texans move into that direction. With Schaub and Johnson out there, the Texans don't need a ton of awsome play makers on offense. They just need a good RB that has good blocking and some other WR's that can get things done.

We've got to stack the defense. I want Earl Thomas. The guy does everything well at Safety, and he'd be the #1 safety coming out if he played another season in college. I want that guy badly if we can get him. I want a top play making safety to play along side of Pollard. If there is a really good CB available then I'd take that as well. I don't like the CB's we have. They're servicable, but that's about it. I wish we could get a better upgrade at DT through free agency or through a trade.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote