View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010   #35
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Possible 1st round draft picks for the Texans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Yeah but as others have pointed out the drop off at WR is a chasm after AJ and you have to put points on the board with the Colts.

the other things I'd say is yeah, we have to keep up with the Colts no doubt, but would either the Jags or Titans be able to play the kind of ball they'd like to if they are playing from behind consistently? Force them to keep up with our offense and make Garrard and Young throw the ball as opposed to handing the ball of the MJD and Chris Johnson.
Also if we give Schaub another target we don't have to settle for FGs as often and let Brown shank important FGs.

If it was up to me I'd probably take Iupati at G in the first round and not look back, but if, and that's likely a BIG IF, Bryant is still there run up the podium and select the guy. Top off the passing game. Force teams to keep up with our offensive pace.
I'm not saying that we don't need a WR, I'm just saying to whoever made the original point about keeping Peyton off the field that we would need to improve the run game more than the passing game.

Personally for me I would rather address the defense once again with our first pick. I would love to take Price but I'm too scared of DTs in the first round given our history. My top choice would be Earl Thomas, so hopefully he is still around when we pick. It will largely depend on what teams are thinking about Mays though. I would guess that 2 of the 3 top safeties will be gone by our pick, so it depends if Mays goes before Thomas or not.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote