View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010   #32
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Possible 1st round draft picks for the Texans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
To keep Manning off the field we need to improve our run game and O-line, not take a top receiver in the first round.
Yeah but as others have pointed out the drop off at WR is a chasm after AJ and you have to put points on the board with the Colts.

the other things I'd say is yeah, we have to keep up with the Colts no doubt, but would either the Jags or Titans be able to play the kind of ball they'd like to if they are playing from behind consistently? Force them to keep up with our offense and make Garrard and Young throw the ball as opposed to handing the ball of the MJD and Chris Johnson.

Also if we give Schaub another target we don't have to settle for FGs as often and let Brown shank important FGs.

If it was up to me I'd probably take Iupati at G in the first round and not look back, but if, and that's likely a BIG IF, Bryant is still there run up the podium and select the guy. Top off the passing game. Force teams to keep up with our offensive pace.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote