View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010   #31
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146271 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Possible 1st round draft picks for the Texans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
While I agree with the premise - and for me fixing the interior OL is a very high priority this offseason -

That didnt help the Fish much earlier this season when they held the rock for over 45 minutes. The Colts managed only 14 total first downs in the game and still managed to put up 27 points and a Win.

Here's the box score from that game.

To beat the Dolts you need to do more than just control the clock - You have to disrupt Pey-Me-A-Ton. Get guy's in his face early and often and
be physical with those recievers , not allow them off the line of scrimmage without some disruption to the route's timing.

Last but not least - You have to continue to put up points even if you are up two or three scores. No lead is safe from that bastard.

The same could be said for most any team in the NFL - the drop off from starting QB to the #2 is usually pretty big.
In the case of AJ - he's the teams best player ...
It also helps if your grass causes injury to their wide receivers.