View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010   #28
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Possible 1st round draft picks for the Texans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I'd be onboard with it. We've got a really good offense right now, a few key additions and I think we'd be really great. Obviously getting the running game is a KEY instruement in having a great offense as well as keeping Manning off the field. With our team, I am also in favor of the pass to set up the run strategy... because it works. Our strength is the passing game. We had the 30th ranked rushing offense last year... only ahead of who? San Diego and Indianapolis. With that rushing game... we still successfuly passed the ball! Teams KNEW what we were doing and couldn't stop us!

In our case we've got a great passing game. We should pass pass pass. What happens is that the opposing defenses will consistently have an extra DB in to cover the pass and one less LB or guy on the DL. And that's when its easier to run successfully against teams than when there are 7-8 in the box, all of whom weigh 250+ and strength is tackling!
Just how great is this Texans offense if Andre Johnson/Matt Schaub or both get hurt? I don't like to think about it but it's a huge drop off either position, thats a fragile thing not discussed but has to be on Kubiak & Rick Smiths mind
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote