Thread: What if....?
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2004   #13
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
It's all about the cap son. That is why he going to be let go. Can you even name the guy that is going to replace him?

Gildon not bettter than Foreman? Are you kidding me? Is that a real arguement?
Answer to question #1: Clark Haggans. The Texans brought him in last offseason when he was a RFA.

Answer to questions #2, #3, & #4: Huh? You need to get your vision checked, Dad. I never mentioned Foreman in my post. So I guess it's not a real argument. Surreal, perhaps.

Want to compare Gildon to other LB's? Playing OLB, he got 2 more sacks than Jamie Sharper did playing ILB. How many sacks does Gildon get on the depleted Texan defense of '03 compared to the stacked Steeler defense of '03? 3 or 4 maybe? And that's worth taking PT from guys like Babin and Peek?

Here's something else to consider: Bringing in Gildon on a 1 year contract could make the guy selfish in going for his next contract. Maybe he gets (gasp) 7 sacks, but ignores his other resonsibilities on defense. And why would the guy want to "mold" Babin or anyone else? What's in it for him if he's not here for the long term. Gildon is just not a good fit for this team at this time.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote