View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010   #36
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why I am against taking RBs high in the draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I'm just saying I hear or see a lot of discussion about RB or OL in the abstract. To me that's only good for an ideal world of equal talent. At some point no matter what position you'd like to pick you have to concede the talent difference if the actual talent in the draft stacks up that way.
I believe that if a OL like Bulaga or Iupati falls to the Texans they are> than any RB Dwyer or Spiller in this draft. IMO

The OL I mentioned can be high level starters for 8-10 yrs imo.

I see Spiller more in the Reggie Bush mold. A dynamic game changer but has very little substance. I like Dwyer alot but given the choice I would take the OL.

The Texans are lucky in that this draft is very deep in the DB's (best S class that I've seen) and OL (at the top) and DL (thoughout) IMHO
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote