View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010   #33
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69966 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why I am against taking RBs high in the draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
This wasn't directed to me but for my two cents, this seems like a variation of the need v. BPA debate.

At #20 what are you going to get?

2008 - Mendenhall or CJ v. Chilo Rachal
2007 - Kenny Irons v. Joe Staley or Ben Grubbs
2006 - Maroney or DeAngelo v. Davin Joseph or Nick Mangold
2005 - Arrington or Shelton v. Chris Spencer or Login Mankins

That's forcing a comparison of two needs and discounting the squeals of draftniks around the globe on how some would have been reaches at #20. Still seems like you have to let quality overcome need at some point or you are going to be screwed no matter how you rank the higher need.
The only 1st rd to 1st rd comparisons are Maroney DeAngelo vs Spencer and Mangold. They are pretty = IMO

What I'm saying is while we need a RB this year is the year to finally fix the OL. The RB's are much better in the 2010 draft IMO.

This is if I'm understanding what you're saying.

Check out my thread in the mock draft section and tell me what you think.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote