View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010   #12
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Steel B's What I would Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
You may be right about Hillis but I think giving up a 3rd and a 5th is great value for a starting G that doesn't fit the scheme Denvers trying to run. Along with getting a backup RB that only carried the ball 13 times and has said that he wants to be traded.

I think with the combination of Kuper and Iupati (who I consider to be one of the best G to come out of college in a long time) the Ol would be solid for the next 8-10 yrs. This would be the 1st time since this teams inception that it had good young talented players at all positions on the OL. You get this luxury by spending the 20th pick on Iupati.

It's a small price to pay. IHO
Good points. Personally, if we add Kuper to the OL I'm perfectly happy with Brisiel/Pitts/Caldwell battling for the other G spot. Additionally, if we get Taylor AND Hillis, I don't address the RB position at all... I go into the draft looking for playmakers. I would love to be in that position... not even having to address your 'biggest' weaknes, the run game.

Denver has the ability to trade for anything they want, they don't have to be stuck with the "suggested" 5th rounder. Just for personal reasons, let's give up the 6th rd pick from San Diego instead of our 5th. That's essentially us having Travis Johnson as part of the trade and it makes it all the better.

Edit: I just realized we gave up a 3rd so that pick is out... essentially spent on RB/G, nevermind. my head hurst, good day.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote