View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010   #10
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Steel B's What I would Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I think your plan would improve this team, good work.

With that said, I disagree that Denver doesn't have use for Hillis. Maybe I just think too highly of him, but I see him as pretty valuable to them. Starting FB/backup RB. Good at running, blocking and receiving. He would be THE answer here though, you got that.

I can't see us drafting Iupati or any O-linemen at #20 barring an elite Tackle dropping. Maybe if we trade down ala Duane Brown pick. Possibly if we can't address the interior OL during FA and Chester/Brisiel can't start. It would be a major NEED pick over BPA.

Great work on the FA acquisitions. I hope we can add some quality guys and it frees up the Draft for us to take BPA that make huge contributions this year!
You may be right about Hillis but I think giving up a 3rd and a 5th is great value for a starting G that doesn't fit the scheme Denvers trying to run. Along with getting a backup RB that only carried the ball 13 times and has said that he wants to be traded.

I think with the combination of Kuper and Iupati (who I consider to be one of the best G to come out of college in a long time) the Ol would be solid for the next 8-10 yrs. This would be the 1st time since this teams inception that it had good young talented players at all positions on the OL. You get this luxury by spending the 20th pick on Iupati.

It's a small price to pay. IMHO

Last edited by steelbtexan; 01-19-2010 at 05:40 PM.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote