View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010   #15
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Possible 1st round draft picks for the Texans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Very true. I'm just hoping that with his job on the line Kubiak is forced to think a lot differently then he has before as far as his roster choices go.

The guys I have as first round picks.

Spiller - Franchise RB? I don't know, but he's explosive in all phases of the game running, catching, and on returns.

Earl Thomas - He's what we probably need at FS, for the first time a guy that can man up on the outisde and play center fielder.

Iupati - Stuck between him being my first round choice. I think if we plug him in at either guard, Caldwell at the other and look at center later in the draft we've got our line situated for a while. We can get the push we need up the middle for whomever is at RB.

Dez Bryant - Slowly starting to think this is who I would target if he drops then look for a interior OL in the second.

Ok just think about it for a moment. This pick is the only reason I'd let Walter walk via FA, but look at the top 3 WRs. AJ, Dez, and JJ. Then you've got to consider a healthy OD into the mix. In the secondary who are you going to cover? And with who? You obviously can't stack the box now and you've always got to be aware that either of those 4 can break a big play.

If we can keep the same level of defensive play I think we'd be a tough team to beat because our offense could set the game's pace. Force opposing offenses to keep up and in the mean time with a healthy Mario back, Smith's motor and Barwin's speed all being able to pin their ears back and go after the QB. Don't forget Cushing can come on a blitz as well.
If Dez Bryant is there and Earl Thomas is not my thought will be "Please, pretty please some team that needs a WR please trade up."