View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010   #9
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Best possible off-season moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Going with the mentality that this coming season Kubiak may get either a hefty extension or get canned, emphasis on the OL and running game could be the direction they go.

With that in mind, a Free Agent interior O-lineman is really important. Lots of talk of trying to acquire Chris Kuper from Denver (fits system and comes over with Dennison). If its him GREAT, if not... we need somebody. Hopefully Brisiel will be back and it'd be great if Chester could be healthy and get re-signed. Myers and Caldwell to compete at C, I think Brown and Winston have the Tackles locked. That leaves Studdard, White, Brisiel, Chester, Caldwell/Myers, new FA OG and/or early draft pick C/G.

RB CJ Spiller - Clemson (#20)
RB Jonathan Dwyer - Georgia Tech (#20 or trade down/late 1st)
OG Mike Johnson - Alabama (trade down/late 1st... maaaybe 2nd)
OG Jon Asamoah - Illinois (2nd rd pick)
C/G Maurkice Pouncey - Florida (2nd rd pick)

I think without a trade down in the 1st round, we're going to be the BPA at #20. That player should be and will most likely be a PLAYMAKER on offense or defense. That leaves it open to RB/WR or FS/CB. DT is a possibility if they think he'll make an impact. But I really think they're going to go with the biggest playmaker they can find with our 1st pick.
Of those y0ou suggest, Dwyer in first and Asamoah in 2nd would make me happy.