View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010   #23
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why I am against taking RBs high in the draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I think, barring a trade down, we're going to get a playmaker in the 1st round (FS,CB,RB...maaaybe WR) or we're going to get a DT. I don't know how the front office veiws the pressure of this being Kubiak's contract year but as fans we feel the urgency that they get the running game going at all costs (screw ANY development players, each early draft pick must make a huge contribution). I don't think we're going OL with the #20 pick, I really don't. I think the FO is desperate to add another gamechanger to this team.

I think you're dead on with our OL situation though. Brisiel/Pitts/Myers/Caldwell. If we could add a bonafide starter through FA, it frees up our draft SO much. I think if they franchise/extend Dunta, it frees up the Draft A LOT. Our OL/Running Game should be better next year than this year, strictly due to the assumption Brisiel/Pitts will be healthy.

I think if there wasn't this added pressure of year 5 for Kubiak, our draft would go in a different direction. I'm afraid (no, anxious) of this draft... yet optimistic though that we're going to add some real players early in the draft and possibly in FA.
You nail it. I see going for impact players (RB, CB or FS) or players that increase potential of impact players (LG) early.