View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010   #6
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why I am against taking RBs high in the draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I agree. I am against taking RB's in the 1st unless they are Adrian Peterson type quality. There is nobody in this draft with that kind of talent. Many of the RB's in the league that are successful right now were not drafted in the 1st round. RB is the easiest position to translate to from college to the pro's. I would rather draft a DB or D-Lineman.
First off, I'm not saying it has to be 1st round. "High in the draft" means first two (maybe three) rounds to me.

Here's the top 10 rushers in the NFL this year:

Chris Johnson - 1st round
Steven Jackson - 1st round
Thomas Jones - 1st round
Maurice Jones-Drew - 2nd round
Adrian Peterson - 1st round
Ray Rice - 2nd round
Ryan Grant - Undrafted?
Cedric Benson - 1st round
Jonathon Stewart - 1st round
Rickey Williams - 1st round

Most of them drafted high. Even if you extend it out to the top 15 or top 20, most of the guys are drafted in the 1st round, then the 2nd and 3rd rounds and then the lower rounds start showing up.

Now, I'm a Connor Barwin fan and I think that was a good pick but how much better would our offense have been with Shonn Greene in that spot?
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote