View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010   #12
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89849 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Possible 1st round draft picks for the Texans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Here are some guys I've been keeping an eye on who could be around when we select. Looks like you already covered them. I've listed them in the order I covet them. I don't think RB needs to be addressed in the first round and I think that we will most likely be targeting the interior OL or the secondary.

Earl Thomas - FS, Texas: Ballhawking FS who can play centerfield but also excels in man coverage. Better than Eric Berry against the pass, but will he hold up against NFL blockers and RBs? Could be off the board when we pick.

Mike Iupati - G, Idaho: I think he would work in our system. People tend to get too hung up on size when thinking about the ZBS. You can be big and still move well.

Donovan Warren - CB, Michigan: The second best CB in this draft, IMO. He doesn't hit quite like Dunta but he can wrap up a guy and finish him off. Great playmaker in zone coverage. Haden and Lindley are probably the only guys that are better in man.

Brian Price - DT, UCLA: Great player. I have him ranked as my #3 DT. I think he would work well in our style of defense. I think the people on this board are a little bit obsessed with the idea of getting a big NT into the middle of our defense but I disagree. I think we need DTs that can shoot gaps and disrupt the passing game.

Dan Williams - DT, Tennessee: Williams can play in the middle of a 43 or a 34. Not much of a threat in the pass rush but he would hold blocks in the running game.
Earl Thomas - Thomas has all the skills to succeed in the NFL he just lacks ideal size. He should have won the Thorpe this year and I think he will have a great NFL career. He is also my #1 option right now.

Mike Iupati - He would not make an immediate impact but would be a good option to replace Pitts in a year or two. The ZBS is complicated to learn but he is very capable of playing within the scheme.

Donovan Warren - I am also high on him. He started as a true freshman at UM and he played very well every year. For those that think he should have gone back for his senior year you need to watch some more film of this kid. He is legit.

Brian Price - If we hadn't already taken TJ and Okoye in the 1st round in recent years then I would like this pick, but I'm just so tired of wasting picks on DT's. The D-Line actually played pretty well this year and I feel we should add a FA or take a guy later in the draft.

Dan Williams - See Price above. Also, I agree we don't necessarily need a space eating NT. We need a guy who will be effective in the scheme. If he can shoot gaps then he can play in our defense.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote