View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010   #11
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7394 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Possible 1st round draft picks for the Texans.

There are quite a few players that I would be pleased with at 19/20.

At safety either Mays or Thomas. Historically it is rare for 3 safety's to be selected in the top 20 so we could have a shot at one of them. I know a lot of people are down on Mays but after what we got in Cushing I wouldn't hesitate to go back to the USC well. Polamalu didn't have great INT numbers at SC either. Mays won't be Polamalu good but I think he is going to be a very very good pro.

At DT Brian Price or Dan Williams would be fine with me. I prefer Price though and I think he fits better.

At CB I would be alright with Donovan Warren and I am starting to come around on Patrick Robinson. Just a gut feeling but I think he will also be a better pro than college player.

Iupati is probably the only O-lineman I would want at that spot.

Spiller would be great at RB and I wouldn't mind Jahvid Best.

Keep in mind these are only players I think have a chance at being available but thats 9 players right there I could live with. Haven't looked at the trade value charts but I also wouldn't mind trading completely out of the first, maybe with the Patriots or some other team with multiple 2nd round picks.