View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010   #3
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Best possible off-season moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by theanswer000 View Post
In this thread say what you think the Texans should do to become a championship team.

Sign O.J. Atogwe/or Antoine Bethea. At this point our defense would have improved greatly. If we can sign neither of these guys we should really try to pull for Vince Wilfork and open up the wallet.

Here are two scenarios

We sign O.J. or Antoine and now at the draft we can focus on getting 1st choice C.J. Spiller or 2nd choice Brian Price.

If we missed out on signing either of the two FSs we have to sign a franchise DT. Possibly Vince Wilfork or Richard Seymour etc etc. Now going into the draft with this scenario we should be focused on getting 1st choice Earl Thomas or 2nd choice C.J. Spiller.

Thoughts???
Could you provide some stats like size/weight/speed/etc so we don't have to research? Also, I don't think either of the first two have over 6 years in NFL and would be rated as unrestricted free agents under the non-capped year for this off season unless a new CBA is agreed to by this March. The Colts' guy has four years. Same goes for DT Wilfork. Texans would have to give up draft picks & I don't want to do that. Seymour is eligible and I would look at him.