View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010   #3
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 15877 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Wink Re: Possible 1st round draft picks for the Texans.

I watched a few Michigan football games and overall, with coaching, Donovan Warren has the potential to become a solid cornerback. He hails from a school that has produced good DBs like Charles Woodson and Leon Hall and so I can expect him to bring his A-game day in and day out. I feel that he shouldv'e stayed in school for one more year to hone his skills but if we can grab him in the 2nd or 3rd round then we have a steal.

UCLAs Brian Price is another solid defensive tackle even through his stats may not be THAT impressive, Price is a good UT and can get after the quarterback. We already have Amobi Okoye so we should pass on Price.

Dan Williams would be nice because we need a space eating DT who can take on blockers and allow Okoye to go one-on-one with the opposing linemen. I doub't he lasts by the time we draft him because there are a few teams ahead of us that need a NT, but if he is there then we should consider it.

Mike Iupati is an absolute beast and I think he may become a solid All-Pro guard even through he comes from a small school. He is massive yet nimble enough that he can get a good push on defensive linemen and open up nice holes. He has a 1st round grade but I doubt he gets picked up untill the early 2nd, however, with the NFL Draft you never know...

The Sooners Trent Williams played a bit of center during a few games and I'd like to see him continue to play that position because its always nice to have a linemen who can play multiple positions well (a la Bruce Matthews )
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote