Thread: My Mock Draft
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010   #9
pokaholic777
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 pokaholic777 is a quality contributor and well respectedpokaholic777 is a quality contributor and well respectedpokaholic777 is a quality contributor and well respectedpokaholic777 is a quality contributor and well respectedpokaholic777 is a quality contributor and well respectedpokaholic777 is a quality contributor and well respectedpokaholic777 is a quality contributor and well respectedpokaholic777 is a quality contributor and well respectedpokaholic777 is a quality contributor and well respectedpokaholic777 is a quality contributor and well respectedpokaholic777 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
Round 1: Texans select Earl Thomas
Round 2: Texans select CB/KR Perrish Cox (Decent size for a CB, and has pure speed) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggY8z6o2_ZA

Round 3: Texans select Lamar Houston
Round 4: Texans select Toby Gerhart

Round 5: Texans select OG Brandon Carter
Round 6: Texans select Jordan Shipley
Round 7: Texans select K Hunter Lawrence
I like the first two rounds, Lamar Houston is another Okoye...we need a nose tackle. I think Gerhart will be gone by then, I would take him in the 3rd round though. Brandon Carter does not fit the scheme, not athletic enough. Jordan Shipley is like 30 years old, I wouldnt be surprised if he was not drafted.

One thing I would like to suggest is that the Texans should draft Jamar Wall from Texas Tech in the later rounds and convert him to safety. He doesnt have the speed for an NFL corner(4.5 ish) but if you watch him play he is very agressive and has everything you would want in a safety...well at least if Thomas isnt around by the time the Texans pick in the first.
pokaholic777 is offline   Reply With Quote