View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010   #57
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 306641 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wolf6151 January 2010 mock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
If the 49'ers are unable to re-sign him it would force them to use one of their two first rd. picks on a DT like Dan Williams to execute a steller 3-4. so his value to them is higher than numbers alone may indicate, but yeah if the Texans could pry him away without paying Antonio Smith type numbers? guess we're not going to worry about cap hell anymore but still seems like a disproportionate amount of dollars would be spent on the DL.
I don't expect the Texans to spend a ton on DT. I think they will expect Barwin to develop as a passing down edge rusher with Smith moving inside. That leaves any new DT as a 2 down player and most likely they won't open the piggy bank too far for that. Whether that is the best course is another matter, but that's what I expect. Having said that I don't think they think another Smith type contract is breaking piggy, but we'll see.