View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010   #36
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wolf6151 January 2010 mock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Earl Thomas would answer many fans prayers. kinda high for both Johnson or Asamoah. Lamarr about right but is DT this big of need? Ben Tate is solid as is Walton but can't see him lasting to the 5th. Butler/Asante would have a tough time making roster & drafting a punter?

how about this -

1. C.J. Spiller, RB Clemson - running/receivng/special teams weapon to keep the dogs off Schaub & spread defenses out
2. Maurkice Pouncey, C Florida - elite center prospect who can start as a rookie, solidify interior line & create holes for Spiller
3. Walter McFadden, CB Auburn - SEC cover corner use to single coverage assisngments, also good technician & run support
4. Thomas Autstin, OG Clemson - have to bring in one of CJ's guys to open holes, might be a little late if not no problem moving Edds up
5. A.J. Edds, OLB Iowa - excellent length/range in coverage, can lock down a TE, personel favorite who compliments current roster
6. Walter Thurmand, CB Oregon - coming off acl nicely, 2nd rd. talent makes plays on the ball & has return expereince
6. Ekom Udofia , DT Stanford - developmental nose tackle, smart & productive, has frame to beef up even more if needed
7. Joique Bell, RB Wayne (Mich.) State - late round, coveted power back, address this need late no sense in spending a 1st day pick here
I like Spiller but I'm just not sure if I want a RB in the 1st round since they have such short careers and someone his size could get banged up easily, maybe Dwyer instead? One benifit of the bigger RB's is that they can usually take the pounding a little better than smaller ones. Pouncey in the 2nd would be great, I love that pick. I'm not familiar with McFadden but I just looked him up and Walterfootball.com has him listed as a 7th-FA player, I'd rather have Kyle Wilson in the 3rd. Austin in the 4th would be another good pick, he can play C as well, not sure if he'll still be available though. I'm not familiar with Edds and I don't see LB as a need this year. I thought about Thurmond in the 6th for my mock as well but Butler has alot more speed and everything else is coachable except speed. Speed also helps you compensate for mistakes in coverage. I also watched some of the YouTube videos of Thurmond and I was unimpressed. I don't know anything about Udofia or Bell but in the 6th and 7th what have we got to lose. I picked Mesko just because Turk is old and nearing retirement and by picking him we wouldn't be wasting our 7th round pick on someone who stands little to no chance of making the team.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote