View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010   #43
Goldensilence
Is this Sparta?

Rep Power: 9088 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Safeties 2010 Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
To me anyway , I think one guard plus Caldwell and then Pitts , Studdard , FA , Myers , and whoever else to play the other guard or center and they'll be much better . Heck , I'd take Iupati but if he's not there , then the Illinois guy in the 3rd , the Alabama guy in the 4th or the Arkansas guy in the 5th .

I would like to see Busing , Barber , and any other 4.7 FS gone . I'd like a faster FS with some ball skills who can hit . I think Berry , Mays , and Thomas are all 1st rounders . I guess Allen is a 2nd rounder and I'm not sure about the rest . To me this is where the rubber meets the road , Iupati or Thomas ?

Then we have RB and that comes down to a 40 time as to how far they rise or fall . I think Ryan Matthews will be the Texans favorite but I can see Ben Tate being their type of guy to . I don't the bigger backs being to their liking unless one shows an explosive burst and is not just big and since Dwyer lined up at FB , he may be great as a TB . Spiller and Best are the big elephant in the room because of guys like CJ , who aren't big but can fly ... do you pass on them .
Iupati would be my first round pick as well if I had any say. Pouncey should be there in the second as well as Asamoah.

Other question is do we make a move on Jahari Evans or Logan Mankins? IF so that fills a big void at one guard. Take any of the top guard or center prospects in the first two rounds and you've got solid group that just needs time to play together.

I think Spiller will go in the first because of his added value as a returner. Best is going to be interesting, but unless he has a killer showing at the combine probably falls into the second and possibly third. I like Tate's value later in the draft and being battle tested in the SEC.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote