View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010   #38
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Safeties 2010 Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
None of the 3 guys mentioned are known for anything (Outside of Dominique being the cousin of Marion).

This year on defense, I noticed a very very big difference in the way we played our FS than in years past when we just had two safeties in the backfield and it didn't really matter who could cover and who could hit. The SS this year was definitely more responsible for making sure run plays did not get very far and the FS was in coverage helping the CB's a ton more. To me, this points to the defensive philosophy shifting (Hey what do you know, new DC new philosophy) to a more defined role for each safety position.

Besides, Eugene Wilson is a million years old and isn't exactly the best in the biz, I have to imagine after his injuries last year that we are looking for another "guy who can cover".
Now that (bolded) is funny right there! I was never a fan of the interchangeable safety philsophy & really like the distinction this last season. It is ok for a corner to come up strong and hit but he darn well better be able to cover also. Pollard really helped the LBs shut down the run. Last draft I was jonesing for Malcom Jenkins and he went to N.O. #14. I hope Earl Thomas goes much sooner if he does not drop to us as I can't stand the tension.