View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010   #33
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 86073 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Safeties 2010 Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Where do you get that conclusion? Is Barber, Harrison, and Nolan the same player (Methinks no). Remember, from 2006 - 2008 Richard "All positions should look the same" Smith was in charge of our defense, and I think Kubiak just listens to his DC and position coaches in terms of who to draft for defense.

Also, Kubiak has never drafted a safety before round 5, so I'm not sure he's looking for anything more than backup/depth at safety until now (Which the last part is a total guess, I can only hope that they aren't drafting for safety depth this year).

I think the real question here is what is Frank Bush looking for in a new-blood FS? If the answer is "big hitter small coverage responsibilities" then yeah we should go for the big hitter safeties. Hoping that is not the case though.
None of the 3 safeties you mentioned are known for skills in coverage. Eugene Wilson is the best coverage FS we have had in years.