View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010   #31
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Safeties 2010 Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
But Kubiac does and has drafted accordingly. Could Mays be a part of negotiations with Pollard?
Where do you get that conclusion? Is Barber, Harrison, and Nolan the same player (Methinks no). Remember, from 2006 - 2008 Richard "All positions should look the same" Smith was in charge of our defense, and I think Kubiak just listens to his DC and position coaches in terms of who to draft for defense.

Also, Kubiak has never drafted a safety before round 5, so I'm not sure he's looking for anything more than backup/depth at safety until now (Which the last part is a total guess, I can only hope that they aren't drafting for safety depth this year).

I think the real question here is what is Frank Bush looking for in a new-blood FS? If the answer is "big hitter small coverage responsibilities" then yeah we should go for the big hitter safeties. Hoping that is not the case though.