View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010   #5
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wolf6151 January 2010 mock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
I don't think we need a power back as much as we need an OL that can get a push and create holes. If you have a line that can do both it's not as important who is running out of the backfield.

Far as the mock goes itself. I'd be pissed if we sunk another top pick in the DL, well unless it is Suh but, that ain't happening.

I think we're better off completing the other side of the line and getting our offense to a point where we can score at will through the air and grind games out with the running game.

IMO if Iupti is there at 19/20, which I'm sure he will be, try and trade back a few spots if possible if not take him then. Plug him in at either guard spot and Caldwell at the other it's less important that we have to wait for your 5th rounder Olsen or Walton (both whom i like) to replace Myers.

In the second round I'd prefer Burnett(if we're looking at safeties) if he's still there if not allen is suitable. Though if Gerhart is in the second I'd likely take him or best CB available.

My third pick would depend on who we took in the second and what position we address. I'd be tempted to address DT is Lamar Houston DT Texas is here. Fills what you're looking for with Williams but, not as high an investment. Could definitely go with your original pick in Petrus here and solidify our line for the forseeable future though.

Other then that I'd run with the rest of your draft.

I agree with you regarding a power RB, it's not necessarily a huge need. Also a power RB doesn't mean he has to be physically large, he just has to be strong and I think Tate fills that roll.

I understand your aversion to taking a DT in the 1st round but honestly I see him as best value available at a position of need. Williams will be a 1st round pick and the other CB's besides Haden would be a reach at 20.

I also like Burnett but I think he'll be gone in the early 2nd round and won't be available by the time we pick.

I like Iupati as well but not at #20, maybe if we traded down and picked up an extra 3rd. I like Petrus in the 3rd and that he and a FA OG should give us alot better O-line.

I also like Lamarr Houston but I think he'll be an DT/UT like Okoye and not a NT.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote