View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010   #45
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 103838 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Beerlover 2010 Pre-Senior Bowl Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Dwyer is a favorite power back prospect for many, he is still weighing his options if he wants to come out early or not. I don't see him as a 1st rd. back. 2nd rd. is about right, reminds me of Marion Barber, runs aggressive, in ZBS I think he could be a one cut downhill runner & complement a runner like Spiller/Slaton as did James Davis @ Clemson.

Looking at this mock, the Texans could trade down as there should be much interest in Spiller, take OG Iupati, draft Pouncey the stud Florida Center who is coming out early in 2nd & add Dwyer with extra pick (assuming the team who moves up offers a 2nd in return). A first day haul of OG Iupati, C Pouncey & RB Dwyer would be epic, transforming the Texans interior OL & running game in one fell swoop, but thats wishfull thinking, I'm trying to keep things real
Quote:
Georgia Tech RB Jonathan Dwyer will forgo his senior year and enter the NFL Draft.

Dwyer took over as the Yellow Jackets' starter after Tashard Choice graduated in 2008. The ACC Player of the Year as a sophomore, Dwyer's YPC average fell from 7.0 to 5.9 in 2009, but he improved his touchdown total from 13 to 14 and ran for 1,395 yards. The 20-year-old isn't a pass catcher, but at 6'0/235 has a Beanie Wells-like power back skill set. He'll be joined in the pros by Georgia Tech DE Derrick Morgan, who led the ACC with 12.5 sacks.
http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/pla...FL&line=166190