View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010   #23
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Just thinking about draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Richard Seymour is not a good fit for the Texans. He is a 3-4 DE and we already have defensive tackles like him in Amobi Okoye and Shaun Cody. What we need is a space eater that can take on double teams and allow Okoye or Cody to shoot the gaps.

Here's what I think we should target....

1.) We need to improve our defensive secondary and we need a safety or cover corner. Earl Thomas, Joe Haden, or Patrick Robinson would fullfil this need.

2.) We need new blood in the interior offensive line so I would go after Zane Beadles and push him to OG and Mike Johnson and then find a tough beastly center (Thomas Austin anyone?)

3.) We could use another DT to become are space eater. Dan Williams, Kade Weston, or Cam Thomas would make sense.

4.) We need a productive RB. I think Slaton can make a comeback and I like what I see in Arian Foster and we can keep Moats for depth but it wouldn't hurt to get another RB.

5.) Improve special teams by getting a top notch punter (Zoltan Mesko) and a kicker to compete with Kris Brown. Also, grab a ST player.
Your comments about space eating DT is out of date (it was my position also) as our light DTs have resolved the run issue. Seymour is a 6 year all pro and neither Cody or Okoye stack up. I think he would do very well in our defense.