View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010   #21
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Just thinking about draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I would have to disagree. We need to go out and get us some Guards and a Center in this draft. Build the OL for the next 10-15 years.

And then go get us a grizzled vet in FA for a DT. IMO, DT's are like a fine wine, they older they get the better they get. What is it they say? Age and trechery will over come youth and skill. The older you get as a DL the more of a dirty dog you become. Seymour fits right in. This man has at least another 5 in him and would fit right in with Antonio Smith. Maybe their attitude rubs off and Mario.

Thats what I would do but what do I know. I only watched the the Titans and Jets make it to the playoffs with crap QB's but a stellar OLine and DLine.
I don't disagree with your comments on Oline. This thread was "just thinking" after Beerlover emailed me about Spiller. On my current board, I have Asamoah LG in 2nd and Thomas Austin C/G/OT in 5th. Oline would be Brown, Asamoah, Myers (until Kubes comfortable with Austin), Caldwell and Winston. Biesel is back up and Studdard is gone. I would hope Pitts could be on roster to allow a cushion for Asamoah to acclimate.