View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010   #8
Goldensilence
Is this Sparta?

Rep Power: 9088 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Just thinking about draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I hear you. On my current mock I have Gerhart and then Bell in 6th. Looking at the notes above what else would you do? We have Pitts at LG with Brisiel and draft pick Thomas Austin backing up and Caldwell at RG. WInston and Brown are starters at tackle with Butler and Austin as swing. There was no pick at tackle last season, why now? Same with DB. Wilson and Pollard are the starters with my guy Johnson backing up at FS and SS Troy Nolan coming off IR to back up Pollard.

I agree that 3 backs in draft is unlikely but what about Spiller and Gerhart?
We're still unsure about whether Pitts will be coming back or not. Personally I hope he does considering what we'd be left with starting and depth wise. I think Chester has earned to right to at least come back for one more season to see if he can get to 100%

My currents options would be if Spiller does last til 19/20 and that's who we are targeting cool. I think he's explosive and is a big play waiting to happen in the running game and special teams.

If that's the case I'd look at the Florida Center Pouncy in the second, Caldwell goes to RG, and if Pitts makes it back you got a LG for the year and draft another guard later to groom. Another possibility would be Asomoah. Caldwell goes to center and battle it out for the other guard spot.

If they think Slaton is enough for explosive plays out of the backfield and elect to go with Gerhart and possibly Foster making the roster next year I'd go with Iupti in the first. Move Caldwell to center and then have a battle for the other guard spot.

I'd like to see something done at FS. If healthy Wilson is a bottom tier staring FS, but I'm just not sure if we'd have someone good enough to replace or push him in the third round. Same with CB, unless we bite it and resign Dunta.

We're close to being a dominant offense. I'd finish that off and then see what you can do to keep the defense hovering around the same position it finished this year. If we can score early and put pressure on opposing offenses to keep up we can pin Mario, Smith, Cushing, and Barwin's ears back on rushing the passer.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote