View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010   #41
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44115 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Beerlover 2010 Pre-Senior Bowl Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Hope your right, but I have watched enough of Spiller during his career to think otherwise.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxkNT9IxEu8

also should bring up the more obvious comparison & that is Chris Johnson of Tennessee. Both are yards from scrimmage guys, true but isn't it smart to incorporate as many options/weapons to an offensive scheme to make it dynamic? I scouted Chris Johnson, watched several East Carolina games & was impressed not only with his speed but ability to run between the tackles, yes between the tackles he attacked the line of scrimmage, then once breaking though initial point of contact blew out the hole like a shot. The Texans did not have a 2nd so I was trying to work him into mocks via trading down, Texans did trade down, to #26 while Heimerdinger convinced Fisher to take Chris Johnson #24. Spiller selected @ #20 is not a reach & would be the playmaker to balance the load with Andre Johnson not to mention add much needed infusion of talent & depth to staple of RB's.

Quote:
"I believe he is a much better receiver than what they thought," Faulk said. "I was at the [scouting] combine when he was there and I didn't see his ability to catch the ball to be as much [of] an asset as it is for him right now. There is endless potential."

Last edited by beerlover; 01-12-2010 at 11:21 AM.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote