View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010   #26
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Beerlover 2010 Pre-Senior Bowl Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Sure and so do Ray Rice, MJD, so did Payton. That kind of leg drive is not unique to people over 225 lbs either. I'd even argue what you typically see in 230+ RBs are taller guys with correspondingly longer legs and that shorter legs are better at that kind of leg drive just like huge wingspan guys like LTs struggle in the 225 lb lift at the combine.

As an aside, after the Cowboys 1st SB win Aikman, Irwin and Emmitt had a competition to get to the lowest body fat and Emmitt lost a few lbs. I can't remember which was which but Irwin and Emmitt got to 5 and 7% with Aikman bringing up the rear at 10%.
I agree and imo that is the type of runner we need. Someone who runs with a lower center of gravity that will not be brought down with an arm tackle. I am starting to think of someone like Ben Tate.