Re: Awtysst's first 2010 Mock
1. Iupati, this is a safe pick. I think he'll be a great OG for someone but I think great OG's can be had in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and I'd spend this pick on our secondary. I'd take either Patrick Robinson-CB or Earl Thomas-FS depending on Duntas return or not.
2. I like the idea of extra picks in the first 3 rounds but I don't like the trade out of the 2nd round and agree with Beerlover this is where great player value is to be had. I'd take either Jon Asamoah-OG or Mike Johnson-OG here.
3. Burnett, I like him alot but I doubt seriously that he'll be available in the 3rd round. I think he'll be a high to mid 2nd round pick like Patrick Chung last year.
3. Gerhart, I like him but again doubt seriously that he's still available in the 3rd.
3. Butler, I agree with Beerlover here as well, this guy will be available later in the draft, your overvaluing him in the 3rd.
4. Houston, good/decent pick for the Texans but I don't think he's available in the 4th round, he'll most likely go in the late 2nd or early 3rd.
5. Olsen, again good pick for the Texans but I think he'll go a little earlier in the draft. He'd be great value in the 5th round.
6. Vann, I don't know anything about this guy.
6. Carter, he's the wrong type of OG for the Texans, not athletic enough.
7. Lawrence, I don't know anything about him but I love the pick position, Brown needs some competition in camp.