Thread: Outsider Mock
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010   #14
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Outsider Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdawg View Post
6 Brandon Carter OG.

On the surface it seems redundant to draft an OG (Iupatio) in the first and turn around here and pick up another. My logic was to add inexpensive depth with the option for a "jumbo" type short yardage package. Durring the last few weeks of the season the Browns started using a zone blocking scheme and bringing in Hank Fraley (OC) to the TE position and really opening holes. I was screaming at the TV all season for some sort of smash mouth short yardage scheme for the Texans.
I have been working on my mock for the last week and was going to post the exact same thing. I also had us taking Iupati in the first and Cater in the 6th. I even designed a play (based on what I saw Cleveland run on SC) that involved a 6 Olineman formation. I called the play SUPER JUMBO package too!

Looks like I got beat. I am not sure if I will post my mock now since many people will think I copied your idea with my 1st and 6th picks!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote