Originally Posted by texdawg
1. OG Mike Iupati Idaho 6'5 330lbs. Nibble enough to play OT and big enough to be a force in the red zone. Probably BPA @20 and really could be a fixture for the next 10 yrs.
2. CB Brandon Ghee Wake Forest 6'1 190lbs. This is a good spot to pick a premire CB and the Texans could have a choice between Perrish Cox, Patrick Robinson, and Javier Arenas. Fills another area of need with a quality pick.
3. DT Lamar Houston Texas 6'2 300lbs. Great motor, good rotation guy for interior DL. May not make it this far, but if he is there, good value. Besides, his last name is Houston, how cool is that.
4. RB Charles Scott LSU 5'11 228lbs. Nice bigger back to help get those short yards. Should work fine with Slayton for a change of pace back.
5a. TE Colin Peek Alabama 6'6 255lbs. Lunch pail guy who is adequate blocker with good hands. Not one to stretch a field but good at finding soft spots.
5b. S Josh Pinkard USC 6'1 215lbs. The "other" S from USC. Would loved to have picked a S earlier, but just couldn't make it work. This kid can play, he'll stick.
6. OG Brandon Carter Texas Tech 6'7 370lbs. I know this kids a head case, but come on, maybe a little crazy is good sometimes. Every team needs a roadgrader.
7. K Aaron Pettrey Ohio State -- Usually drafting a kicker at all is a waste. This kid has a big leg and can kick in the cold weather. Somebody will draft this kid. Saves begging in FA.
We all have different ideas, just thought I'd share mine.
I guess you know by now I really like your mock, so I wanted to add some constructive feedback.
1. OG Mike Iupati Idaho 6'5 330lbs is a name several of us are really high on, the one problem facing this selection is with all the underclassman declaring early this suddenly became talent layden rich, meaning while not far off BPA there will be another player available who is above him on the Texans board, I'm sure of it.
2. CB Brandon Ghee Wake Forest 6'1 190lbs I could live with this pick, but feel he represents what the Texans drafted in 4th rd. Glover Quinn. If the Texans go CB they need a ballhawk, run support is nice but covered & Ghee recorded zero INT's in 09. maybe a small school CB in rd. 3/4 like Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, Indiana.
3. DT Lamar Houston Texas 6'2 300lbs Like this pick, Texans do like athletic, quick one-gap tackles.
4. RB Charles Scott LSU 5'11 228lbs Too early, maybe if the Texans do get a 5th rd. pick I would use one here on him to address power back role.
5a. TE Colin Peek Alabama 6'6 255lbs Sharp eye, would be a great pick but would mean the Texans are giving up on Hill not OD. I've seen teams cut their loses after one year & be decisive but nothing we've seen on the field suggests such sense of urgency, although I agree.
5b. S Josh Pinkard USC 6'1 215lbs another really good pick-up has talent to play in the secondary in meaningful situations, however we might be able to pick him up undrafted, reason? will be coming back from his 3rd acl
6. OG Brandon Carter Texas Tech 6'7 370lbs man thats a monster. I don't see him fitting in Gibbs ZBS but that would be something.
7. K Aaron Pettrey Ohio State torn mcl not sure about that? going for a kicker in the 7th if they don't address it via free agency.