Thread: Outsider Mock
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010   #9
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Outsider Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdawg View Post
Thanks for the feedback. Here is my reasoning for the 2 picks 5a and 6.

5a Colin Peek TE.

Isn't OD up for a new contract? That was part of the reasoning behind Colin Peek @ 5a. Hopefully, his injury is fine and the Texans will give him a new contract. Managment may want a fall back just in case. I would.

6 Brandon Carter OG.

On the surface it seems redundant to draft an OG (Iupatio) in the first and turn around here and pick up another. My logic was to add inexpensive depth with the option for a "jumbo" type short yardage package. Durring the last few weeks of the season the Browns started using a zone blocking scheme and bringing in Hank Fraley (OC) to the TE position and really opening holes. I was screaming at the TV all season for some sort of smash mouth short yardage scheme for the Texans.

As for drafting a QB (Ponder or Brown), I never really explored that option. Might not be a bad idea at all. I guess Grossman is a FA. Brown may very well go undrafted. Would rather see an older experienced backup like Kitna for example.

One more note to consider: I'm not positive, but I think Jerome Harrison (RB Browns) may be up for FA this year. If the Browns screw up and do not re-sign him, I would love to see him play for the Texans. You guys would love him.
I think you did an outstanding job, sound like an insider to me
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote