View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010   #44
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Early signs point to Taylor Mays, S, USC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Dude runs from about mid 4.3 to mid 4.4 in the 40 & that's plenty fast for a FS. but aside from that, how ball hawking can you be when your coach has u playing 20 yds off the LOS?
If you're 20 yards off the LOS wouldn't that mean that you are defending the deep ball often? The USC games I've seen Mays is like a center fielder. He bats down passes when he can (Not too terribly often) and tries to lay people out, that's it.

If anything though Taylor Mays has "AL DAVIS" written all over him, so it'll probably be a moot point by the time draft time rolls around.

EDIT: I've thought this about Mays since last year when everybody was all over him for being a great safety. If you watch him play, he would rather get a a big hit than an INT, which tells me that he will need some coaching or a position change if he were to come to the Texans to be a FS (Because Bernard Pollard is the SS of the future).