View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010   #37
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Early signs point to Taylor Mays, S, USC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I have a feeling there will be more and more talk of Mays converting to LB because of his size. Honestly, if we take him at 19, I'd be a little miffed, but at least they drafted a safety. I'd much rather have a few other players who are more ballhawking than Mays has shown to be in his 4 year career at USC.

I actually brought this subject up before last years draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
This got me thinking with Mays size and speed could he play some LB? I mean if the main negative on him is that hes not a ballhawk, why not move him down to LB. Seems like an easier transition than going from LB to safety (if you have the size). Could you imagine having a OLB with 4.3 speed.

To bad he probably wont be there when we pick.
I wouldnt touch him in round one. I would consider him in round two as a project OLB just because of his physical abilities.