View Single Post
Old 07-13-2004   #7
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I agree with both Lucky and Infantry on the fact that the defense can prepare for rookies, but not as effectively as when the rookie is halfway or even 2/3's through his season. Having preseason tape is nice, but we all know that offenses and defenses are mild at best during the preseason. The Cowboys had preseason tape of the Texans, and we saw how well that worked out for them. As a side note, I think a lot of Delhommes success last year had to do with coaches not having a lot of tape of him playing on the NFL level and he obviously snuck up on them. My main point is that although DC's injury was significant; there were several other contributing factors to AJ's numbers (still great for a rookie though). As for the double teaming, that is effective, but AJ is a strong & fast reciever in the mold of a TO type. A reciever like that can dictate the movements of both the LBs and DBs. You hear talk of the 'Vick' schemes or the 'Moss' schemes etc, and D-Coordinators would be wise to devise one for AJ if they haven't already. That being said I still think he would have had better numbers if Carr had been healthy, or if his fellow recievers were more effective.

Last edited by texasguy346; 07-13-2004 at 11:45 PM.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote