View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010   #49
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bowl game player review

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Explain how that is silly? I watched him do basically nothing for 2 quarters. The Texans were blasted more than once for not playing a full game. His final stats were 49 yards with avg about 3.5. Don't we already have backs doing that. I was pushing him earlier this season but he needed to come up big in the bowl and did not. I hope you are correct that he is third back(or better) taken as that should push a need player to us regardless of the round.
We dont have any back that has the talent of Dwyer. Its silly to judge him on one half a game vs a good D that is geared up to stop him. He is one of those rare big backs that can bust one for a long TD at anytime. Just becuase he didnt do it in one half of a single game is no reason to ignore the fact that he has done it consistantly throughout his college career. He reminds me alot of Jerome Bettis at ND.

I either want him in the first or LeGarrette Blount 6-0, 245 4.60 Oregon in the 3rd or 4th who reminds me alot of Steven Jackson. We need a big guy that can not only get the tough yards but is capable of busting long runs after breaking tackles if we are going to continue to run the ZB scheme.

I also want another quality 3rd down type back that can take it to the house on any given play. I dont want to go into next season HOPING Slaton turns it around. Give me C.J. Spiller in the first, Jahvid Best in the 2nd.