View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010   #22
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bowl game player review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Kyle Wilson will be nothing more than a nickel corner in the NFL. He is a great athlete but he won't be able to tackle at the next level. That arm tackle crap isn't gonna work.

Brandyn Thompson caught my eye but he is a big time risk taker. He got the pick six but he also got beat deep on the double move for the TD.

Doug Martin also caught my eye on Boise St. He is the RB, only a soph. He didn't have a great game but he got the tough yards against a tough defense.
Good review but I disagree on Wilson. Kyle is same height as DR and 4 lbs heavier. You are correct on arm tackling but that can be fixed. Wilson speed is 4.42 and he exhibited that last night by breaking up a long pass in first four minutes of the game. He then had a good return that was cancelled by a dumb block in the opponent's back by his team mate. That is one of the most stupid penalties a player can do and is the case last night the tackler was not that close to Wilson. He had an unblocked path to QB causing a fumble on a blitz and again the speed was awesome. He did have an error in judgement in 3rd quarter by allowing too much cushion and WR caught the pass. I will probably have him on my board in third round as my first choice.

Thompson, I think you are on target. A risk taker looks great if it works, stupid if it doesn't. Reminds me of P. Buchannan we traded from Oakland.