View Single Post
Old 07-13-2004   #15
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126709 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

do you really want to apply the strength of their college programs to pro evaluations? kansas v new mexico? please. by that notion your telling me players like jerry rice would never amount to anything in the nfl.

but i'll get my toes wet to prove :

a. norris as a running back is no comparission to baxter

b. its not foreign to baxter if hes slotted as the #3 running back on the roster

baxter
(paced team with 203 carries for 907 yards (4.5 avg.) and 11 TDs as a senior, earning first-team All-Mountain West Conference honors…his TD total ranked fifth on the school’s all-time single-season list…)

vs.

norris
(rushed for 313 yards and two TDs as a senior)

you need to determine what it is you want to argue. wells v baxter or norris v baxter? and lets not forget stackhouse. if hes not legit this conversation isnt worth having because easily we carry baxter and norris as our fullbacks.

i think baxter has proven solid as a fullback whereas wells has done nothing as a starting running back (or a reserve running back for that matter). the point is: if you keep baxter you have the flexibility to use him as a fullback or a runningback. wells is not a fullback.

Last edited by powda; 07-13-2004 at 09:34 PM.
powda is offline   Reply With Quote