View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010   #12
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74252 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Steel B's post New Years Day Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I guess I don't understand this post. Eight years??? That sounds like we've never drafted any O-linemen.

2006 - E. Winston and C. Spencer drafted - both on the first day. Winston is still a starter and thanks to Ron Dayne, we'll never know how good (or bad) Spencer could have been.
2007 - Brandon Frye and Kasey Studdard - both second day picks, drafted for depth. Frye couldn't stay healthy and Studdard's probably still best as depth.
2008 - Dwayne Brown - our #1 pick. Rough rookie year, better this year.
2009 - Antoine Caldwell - may yet move out Myers (at least I'm hoping so) as the starting center.

I think we're set at tackle and hopefully Pitts will be back at 100% (but I'd draft to fill his spot just in case) and if Caldwell emerges we only need to upgrade the other guard spot.

Injuries killed us this year on the O-line. The injury bug was so bad we had to bring back Ephraim Salaam and bring in Tutan Reyes (yeah, I hadn't heard of him either) as depth.
Other than Winston and Brown (Spencer doesn't count because they got 0 production from him) Smithiak have used street FA's or drafted 5th or 6th rd picks to fill out the depth or in some cases start (Briesel) on the OL.

We are the team that is weakest in the trenches in our division. Until that is fixed this team wont be what fans want it to be.

Jax added Monroe and Britton last year and their offense is much better.
Indy added Jake Scott in FA
Tacks Drafted Roos,Stewart and signed Mawae as it's vet. leader.

Do you see a theme here?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote