View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010   #10
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Steel B's post New Years Day Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I don't like the fact that you haven't addressed CB until the 5th round other than a vague line saying that we'll pick one up in FA. Not enough details there, which CB would you target in FA? You do realize that a true #1 CB in FA is very hard to come by and will be grossly expensive, and there might not be any in FA this year that are worth going after. If we lose Dunta then I think this position will need to be addressed in the 1st round of the draft because it'll leave a huge gaping hole on the team. I like your idea of fixing the O-line once and for all, instead of the short cuts we've been using for 8 yrs. but I'd draft one and pick one up in FA since a good OG will be much cheaper than a #1 CB in FA.
I agree wth you about an OG is easier to find in FA than a no.1 CB.

Where the Texans are picking they will not be able to draft a true no.1 CB but they will have to pay a CB 1st rd. money if they draft one in the 1st.

There's more value in the best OG prospect Iupati than a CB like Lindley in the 1st.

The reason that I waited until the 5th rd for a CB is
1. Value-is Thurmond once he gets healthy,McFadden who will be lucky to be available or Verner-who is alittle small a step slow but is a big hitter that much better than Ghee,Wilson or Warren in the 2nd rd, plus you have to pay 2nd rd money.
2. Depth of this CB class is great you can find a good CB later in the draft. It does lack a true no.1 CB except for Haden.

3. If you want to sell me on the idea that Earl Thomas can play CB (which I think he can do) I'm all for using the no.1 pick on him.

4. Dunta is not a no.1 CB but you can find someone good enough to replace his very limited production. (Ashton Youboty comes to mind, there are others)

5. I have hopes that Molden will be a healthy and productive player next year. I know it's a long shot but there's always hope.

On another subject Carolina needs a QB. Say our pick is no.15 and Clausen is available if Carolina said we will trade you Stewart for your 1st and 3rd rd picks so they can draft Clausen. (they dont have a 1st rd. pick)

Would you make that trade?

Last edited by steelbtexan; 01-02-2010 at 08:38 PM.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote