View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010   #9
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Steel B's post New Years Day Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
BL

The Texans have chosen not to go this route for 8 yrs and counting.

So unfortunately you're probably right.

I just want for one thing to happen FIX THE D**N O-LINE 8 yrs is long enough.
I guess I don't understand this post. Eight years??? That sounds like we've never drafted any O-linemen.

2006 - E. Winston and C. Spencer drafted - both on the first day. Winston is still a starter and thanks to Ron Dayne, we'll never know how good (or bad) Spencer could have been.
2007 - Brandon Frye and Kasey Studdard - both second day picks, drafted for depth. Frye couldn't stay healthy and Studdard's probably still best as depth.
2008 - Dwayne Brown - our #1 pick. Rough rookie year, better this year.
2009 - Antoine Caldwell - may yet move out Myers (at least I'm hoping so) as the starting center.

I think we're set at tackle and hopefully Pitts will be back at 100% (but I'd draft to fill his spot just in case) and if Caldwell emerges we only need to upgrade the other guard spot.

Injuries killed us this year on the O-line. The injury bug was so bad we had to bring back Ephraim Salaam and bring in Tutan Reyes (yeah, I hadn't heard of him either) as depth.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote