View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010   #5
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Steel B's post New Years Day Mock

you've been reading my notes? very good.

I'm not for sure if this in fact the case or not but doesn't it seem at least Gibbs/Texans like thier cuurent OL? While your always looking to upgrade OL history suggests using a 1st rd. pick on one unlikely combined with a 2nd highly unlikely. I'm not saying its not a good idea or that the players you've selected are not great because they are, I just don't think the Texans will take that route.

I do think for the first time however if they feel as strong as I do about Ryan Mathews, RB Fresno State they just might trade down or draft him outright to address the running game with a true franchise type back. He is the complete package between the tackle, ZBS RB they should covet.

The second rd. pick could be a OG or Center depending on who is available. I was really impressed with the Florida OL, either one of the Pouncey twins would work for me (Maurkice Pouncey, C 6-5 318 or Mike Pouncey, OG 6-5 320 both should get 2nd rd. grades).

third rd. on mix in a little defense, FS, CB, DT or OLB followed with more OG/RB help
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote