View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010   #27
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 31037 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texas Bowl Tailgate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjezebel View Post
Woo Hoo! Yay Navy! But man, that was BORING. I'm used to fans that stand and cheer. Of course, we were surround by Mizzou fans that didn't have much to stand and cheer about. And Mizzou's band was obnoxious.

After hearing about UH's beatdown, I'm kinda glad we stuck with this game though. But having the roof open sucked. I wasn't dressed for the weather.
We were on the Navy side - lots cheering for Navy first downs. People made some noise on Mizzou third downs but none on first and second downs. And of course wild cheering anytime Navy went for it on 4th down. So how about people stop complaining about Texans fans being the worst ever - we are better than most.

I was shocked by the low turnout. Over 69,400 tickets sold - looked like about 25,000 there. At least 40,000 no shows! I don't understand buying a ticket and then not coming, or at least selling it or giving it away.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote