Thread: Sold!
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009   #24
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4378 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Re: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I'm not against drafting Iupati but not in the 1st round. Very few OG's have ever been drafted in the 1st round, I think he could be had in the 2nd round. I think that CB is a higher priority in the 1st round and if we can't get Haden then I'd try to trade down and pick Lindley or Robinson in the late 1st round and then go after an OG in the 2nd.

If we change head coaches and blocking schemes then Iupati would be a serious consideration in the 1st round after a trade down.
Our interior OL is undoubtedly the biggest need for the Texans. If Iupati is as good as advertised he'd more than likely be BPA when we pick. Better to nail the position with a future all pro than go the safe route and hope we can find a starter in a later round that can compete with NFL DL.

Rewatch the Texans inside the 10 yard line this year and i'm sure that you'll agree we need to do whatever is necessary to fix our short yardage run game. If that means drafting an interior OL in the 1st round then that's what we're gonna have to do.