Thread: Sold!
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009   #20
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-OWNED! View Post
I think there is about a 0% chance we draft Mike Iupati, and here's why...

Alex Gibbs likes his Guards to be not much bigger than 300 pounds, and likes finesse over power in his zone-blocking scheme.

Let's take a look at our Guards on the Texans roster...

Chester Pitts 6'4" 308lbs.
Mike Brisiel 6'5" 300lbs.
Antoine Caldwell 6'3" 305lbs.
Kasey Studdard 6'3" 302lbs.
Tutan Reyes 6'3" 310lbs.
Chris White 6'2" 290lbs.

--------------------------------------

Mike Iupati is 6'6" 330lbs.

^ He just doesn't fit Alex Gibbs' track record of Guards he has used/prefers.

Jon Asamoah at 6'4" 315lbs. on the other hand, is a much more believable prospect for the Texans to draft.
I agree but...

Will Gibbs be here? He is completing 2nd year after coming out of retirement. Matthews may be able to handle the duties. ZBS took a hit this season regardless of whose fault. It may be time to move to another O. Iupati is known for quick feet and weight should not be a concern that he might marshmallow. I have mocked Asamoah in 2nd round because he has size and skills for any offense.

Haden is now out of reach & I have to give up on him falling to us and THomas may be gone also especially if we draft lower than #15 I projected and that is assuming the FS comes out. I also doubt there will be a trade down opportunity as it is shaping up much like last draft. Not sure where I will be going in first round. Few CBs are looking like late first round, maybe Donovan Warren who declared recently or Patrick Robinson (I've seen an eval that he is stiff in hips and a fast WR can beat him). Going to be most interesting off season ever for me.