View Single Post
Old 12-26-2009   #14
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mussops Mock - follow up to FA thread

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I just for the life of me cant see why anyone that has watched Mays play would want to draft him. If he even goes in the first round it will be on potential only. He has a better chance at making an impact at OLB than he does at S in the NFL. At least at OLB his size/speed can be utilized for blitzing and his poor coverage instincs wont be as obvious as they would in the deep middle of the feild.

Like the highlighted players. But like mine more of course.

I just dont want to resign Pitts at his age and coming off a major injury. Think that money could be better spent somewhere else. OD situation reminds me too much like Robinsons. It seems like there are to many good options out there that are young, healthy and would come at a substantialy cheaper price to take that chance.
see I knew this already based off your posts & thats why I would chose a different pathway. But you just never know there is more than one way to take care of buisness & I'm open minded that even if I disagree, will listen.

Before any outside free agent signings I want the Texans to take of their own, I like what the Texans are building but they MUST retain DeMeco, Owen, Pitts minimum. I would also like to see them offer Andre an incentive pro-rated adjustable contract that makes damn sure he is in the 3 top paid WR's.

Back to the picks. I know what your saying about Mays but he lost everything in front of him, Mauluga, Matthews & Cushing who provided protection allowing him to reign centerfield. His phsycial skills are elite & I don't want to see the Texans pass another big time FS in the first round if they have a shot at him, assuming he is still on the board. As a matter of fact the only way he makes it to the Texans is from people like you & support the idea he cannot cover or make it in the NFL. I guess I should thank you!

I also know you don't like Toby & that's ok I understand your concerns but for a second round pick your getting a multi-dimensional square up pile driver who can score in the red zone & that my friend is a Priority Need. Ryan just declared he is coming out is more of a break away threat w/speed/size & power.

We agree Center in 3rd

If Stephen Paea comes out I may have to adjust my board, I just wanted to get him in the discussion, very Suh-esque.

Either CB in first builds quality depth @ CB & possibly a starter for the future @ low cost/risk. plus the Texans will have either an extra 5th or 6th from San Diego. Did anyone notice did Travis do much tonight?

The other picks I wanted to discuss which where not highlighted are the situational late rd. RB Dixon & James. James would be a steal & could return kicks/punts which may become even more important if they don't keep Andre Davis (who shows me nothing) or trade Jacoby. Dixon is an all around back the Texans need to back up Slaton.

beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote